You can enable customer management settings:
- To control the flow of traffic into your store with a Customer Queue.
- To save customer information when you Require Customer Information at Purchase Time.
- To require a customer referral when you Require Referral Source When Creating Customers
- To stay compliant when you Verify Customer Age at Purchase Time.
To enable these settings
- Go to Settings.
- Select Store Options and look under Register Options.
- Select the checkbox for the setting you want to turn on.
If your store has a front desk/check-in area where a staff member greets customers and admits them to the sales floor, you can enable this setting to control traffic in your store.
Front desk staff can enter new customer information or look up an existing customer, and then add them to the queue. On the sales floor, a budtender or cashier at the point of sale can then select a waiting customer and ring up their purchases without having to enter the customer's information.
Before you enable this setting, make sure your front desk staff have the following permissions enabled under Roles:
- Access Back Office
- Manage Customers
- Manage Patients
Require Customer Information At Purchase Time
Do not enable this setting if your store is in Oregon. Under Oregon state law, cannabis retailers may not collect personal information without written consent. See OLCC Bulletin CE2017-07 for further details.
With this setting on, a budtender must either create a new customer or select an existing customer for every sale.
- Medical sales will always require a medical patient ID number, even if you do not enable this setting.
Require Referral Source When Creating Customers
With this setting on, your staff must add a referral to every customer they create at the Register and in the Back Office.
To view this information, you can run an Export Customer list to better understand how customers learn about your business. In the Back Office, go to Customers and select Export Customer List to view referral information.
Verify Customer Age At Purchase Time
This setting helps keep your sales compliant by requiring budtenders to either scan the barcode on a customer's ID or manually enter their date of birth before completing a sale.
When you turn on this setting, budtenders are required to perform an ID check on all transactions, even when a customer of legal age has already been checked in and assigned to the transaction. This extra layer of assurance means you can be sure that your budtenders checked that your customers are of legal age.