These instructions apply to stores in Washington. If your store is in another state, follow these employee sample instructions instead.
If your store is in Washington, distribute cannabis samples to employees by ringing a sale for the samples. When your Inventory Manager received the samples into your Greenbits inventory, they should have set the cost and price at $0.00, so you will "sell" the samples to an employee for $0.00.
Before you can do this, make sure you set up the Employee that you are distributing the sample to with a customer profile.
You must have the Create Employee Sales permission to do this.
- On the Register, select Customers > Employees Only.
- Select the employee that you are distributing the sample to from the list. Samples will not appear on the Register unless you select an employee. This prevents anyone from accidentally adding a sample to a sale for a customer.
- Ring up the samples on the Register.
If you see a Compliance Warning that reads Attempting to sell [product name] for $0.00, then the vendor didn't tag the product as a sample in Leaf Data Systems.
The sample tag cannot be added or removed in Greenbits, so if you encounter this problem there are two possible solutions:
- Contact the vendor and request that they correct the error in Leaf Data Systems.
- Change the item's price to $0.01 in Back Office, then ring up the sample according to the steps above for $0.01. To avoid tax reporting discrepancies, make sure the Product Type you've assigned the sample to is tax-exempt in your Taxes settings. To balance your drawer, enter a Paid Out for $0.01 as well.
You can tell whether a vendor applied this sample tag by checking the manifest in Greenbits: