A caregiver is a person who is registered with the state and is authorized to purchase cannabis products on behalf of a qualifying patient.
Before you can assign a caregiver to a sale, you need to add caregiver information to a patient's profile.
Do not create a separate patient or customer profile for a caregiver unless they are purchasing for themselves.
- Add caregiver information in Back Office
- Add caregiver information at the Register
- Assign a caregiver to a patient sale
Add caregiver information in Back Office
- Go to Customers and select Add Person, or select an existing patient.
- Scroll down to the Medical ID section and fill in the Caregiver ID Number. The Caregiver First Name and Caregiver Last Name fields are optional.
- Scroll back up to the top to select Save.
You can assign a single caregiver to multiple patients in Greenbits. However, some states limit the number of patients for whom each caregiver can purchase marijuana, so be sure to check your local regulations.
Add caregiver information at the Register
- From the Register page, select Attach Customer.
- Select New Customer and select Customer Type - Medical.
- Enter the patient's ID Number and the Caregiver ID Number. All other fields are optional.
- Select Save and then Return to Order.
Assign a caregiver to a patient sale
- Start a sale and assign a patient.
- If a Caregiver ID Number has been entered on the patient's profile, there will be a dropdown beside the patient name.
- Select the dropdown and either Sell to Patient or Sell to Caregiver.
- If you select Sell to Caregiver, the patient name will update to include "c/o" and the caregiver name.
- Complete the sale as normal.
If a caregiver is purchasing on behalf of multiple patients in a single visit, ring up separate sales for each patient, repeating the steps above for each sale.