A caregiver is a person who is registered with the state and is authorized to purchase marijuana products on behalf of a qualifying patient. Read on to learn how to add caregivers to Green Bits and assign sales to a caregiver.
Add caregiver information to the patient profile
Note: do not create a separate patient or customer profile for a caregiver (unless they are purchasing for themself).
All patient profiles in Green Bits include optional fields for their caregiver's information. To view, add, or edit the caregiver fields:
- In Back Office, go to Customers and select Add Person, or select an existing patient.
- Scroll down to the Medical ID section and fill in the caregiver's name and state-issued Caregiver ID Number as shown below.
- Scroll back up to the top to select Save.
A single caregiver can be assigned to multiple patients in Green Bits. However, some states limit the number of patients for whom each caregiver can purchase marijuana, so be sure to check your local regulations.
Assign a caregiver to a patient sale
If a caregiver is purchasing marijuana on behalf of a patient:
- Start a medical sale and assign the patient profile.
- Select View Patient.
- If the caregiver fields have been filled in on this patient's profile, a Who Is Making The Purchase? prompt will appear, with options to select the patient or the caregiver. The selected option is indicated in orange, and the patient is selected by default. To assign the sale to the caregiver instead, tap the caregiver's name.
- Complete the sale as normal.
If a caregiver is purchasing on behalf of multiple patients in a single visit, ring up separate sales for each patient, repeating the steps above for each sale.