A caregiver is a person who is registered with the state and is authorized to purchase cannabis products on behalf of a qualifying patient.
Before you can assign a caregiver to a sale, you need to add caregiver information to a patient's profile.
Do not create a separate patient or customer profile for a caregiver unless they are purchasing for themself.
- Add caregiver information in Back Office
- Add caregiver information at the Register
- Assign a caregiver to a patient sale
Add caregiver information in Back Office
- Go to Customers and select Add Person, or select an existing patient.
- Scroll down to the Medical ID section and fill in the Caregiver ID Number. The Caregiver First Name and Caregiver Last Name fields are optional.
- Scroll back up to the top to select Save.
You can assign a single caregiver to multiple patients in Greenbits. However, some states limit the number of patients for whom each caregiver can purchase marijuana, so be sure to check your local regulations.
Add caregiver information at the Register
At the Register, you can add caregiver information to new patient profiles only. If you need to add caregiver information to an existing patient profile, you can do so in Back Office.
- Start a new medical sale.
- On the Find Patient screen, tap Add.
- Enter the patient's ID Number and the Caregiver ID Number. All other fields are optional.
You can add the caregiver's name in Back Office.
- Select Save.
Assign a caregiver to a patient sale
- Start a medical sale and assign a patient.
- If a Caregiver ID Number has been entered on the patient's profile, a Who Is Making The Purchase? prompt displays.
- The selected person is indicated in orange, and the patient is selected by default.
- To assign the sale to the caregiver instead, select the caregiver.
- Complete the sale as normal.
If a caregiver is purchasing on behalf of multiple patients in a single visit, ring up separate sales for each patient, repeating the steps above for each sale.