When you want to transfer items to another store or return items to the producer, you need to first split and transfer in Metrc, split in Green Bits, and then mark the new packages as Transferred out.
Don't sell the items you want to transfer
- Remove the items in the packages that you want to transfer from the sales floor and quarantine them so your staff doesn't sell them.
- In Green Bits Back Office, mark the package you want to transfer as Not For Sale or Archived.
Transfer in Metrc
- In Metrc, split the package that you want to transfer by creating a new package ID from the existing package ID. Include the quantity of the items you want to transfer in the new package.
- In Metrc, create a transfer manifest and add the new package ID.
IMPORTANT: Transfer out the new package, not the original. If you transfer the original package that has sales associated with it, you are transferring sales data along with it.
- Copy the new package ID.
Split in Green Bits
- Select Actions > Split for Return or Transfer.
- Enter the quantity that you are splitting.
- Paste the new package ID that you transferred in Metrc.
- Select Looks Good.
- If the original package is now at zero quantity, keep it open until the product's return date has expired. Then, finish the package in Metrc and close the package in Green Bits.
Mark as Transferred out in Green Bits
After you split in Green Bits, you must mark the package IDs as transferred out in order to update your Green Bits inventory.
- In Green Bits, go to Inventory > Packages or Products.
- Find the new package ID that you transferred in Metrc.
- Go to Actions > Mark as Transferred out.
Green Bits removes all quantity from this package ID and marks it as Not for Sale. The package ID will remain in your inventory but will not display at the Register.