The OLCC requires pre-rolls to be assigned in Metrc as either infused or plain.
If you have pre-rolls in your inventory that you previously created by converting bulk flower in Greenbits, those pre-rolls are no longer compliant because they are categorized as flower in Metrc. Follow this one-time workflow to bring those pre-rolls into compliance.
IMPORTANT:This workflow requires you to split packages in Metrc. This will cause discrepancies between Greenbits and Metrc. Greenbits is currently working on a long-term solution for this issue. In the meantime, do not make adjustments to correct these discrepancies.
Prepare your inventory
Make sure you prepared for these changes by renaming the pre-roll Product Type and creating new pre-roll items in Metrc.
Identify non-compliant pre-roll inventory
- Export an Inventory list and open the file in a spreadsheet program.
- Remove all except the following columns:
- Product Name
- Product Type
- Package ID
- Filter the list by Product Types: Bulk Flower and Marijuana Pre-Roll.
- Sort the list by package ID. Look for any package IDs that are repeated on more than one row, and which have both Bulk Flower and Marijuana Pre-Roll Products associated with them. This indicates that you used the convert inventory tool to create pre-rolls from these packages. Note the SKU of each converted Marijuana Pre-Roll item.
- In Greenbits, on the Products page, search for a SKU that you identified in step 4 and select the Product name that appears in the search result.
- Select the Product and go to the Inventory tab. Mark the converted pre-roll SKU(s) as Archived.
- Save this list so you can use it to split the package IDs in Metrc and reverse the conversions later.
Split in Metrc
- In Metrc, search for the package IDs on the list you saved from the previous section.
- Create a new package for the quantity that you want to convert to pre-rolls. Make sure you select the correct pre-roll type in Metrc (plain or infused).
- Greenbits automatically pulls the new package into Greenbits as a new manifest under Incoming.
Accept the pre-roll inventory in Greenbits
- In Greenbits, receive the new pre-roll package and associate it to a unit-based Pre-Roll Product.
- Add additional materials information.
- Print new package labels. Greenbits automatically adds compliance information to your labels. These pre-rolls are now compliant and ready to sell.
Reverse the conversions
In Greenbits, reverse the pre-roll conversions that you identified earlier.
Reach out to Support for a sync