If you see an error message in the Back Office about your API key, you have to update the Metrc API key that you entered when you set up your store with Greenbits.
What happens if I don't update my API key?
If your API key needs to be updated, you will not be able to do the following until you update it:
- Receive new inventory into Greenbits
- Report sales to Metrc
- Report any inventory adjustments, package merges, or package splits to Metrc
Why do I need to update?
- Metrc may invalidate API keys at their discretion.
- If you have these permissions in Metrc for multiple stores, generating a new API key for one location also updates the API key in Metrc for all locations that you have access to. Update all locations you have access to with the same API key.
- You deleted or deactivated the user who generated the API key in Metrc.
- You removed the sales reporting permissions in Metrc from the user who generated the API key.
- You removed access for a location or license in Metrc for the user who generated the API key.
- You changed the name in Metrc of the user who generated the API key.
You will still be able to make sales and inventory adjustments in Greenbits, but they will not report to Metrc. Once you add a valid API key into Greenbits, any unreported sales or inventory actions then automatically report to Metrc.