This applies to stores in Massachusetts and Maryland. This feature is being released one store at a time. Your CSM will reach out to you when your store will receive this feature.
Each person at your store who rings sales or makes adjustments must have their own Metrc API key in their Green Bits user profile. Collect your employees' API keys and save them in a spreadsheet or text file. Then, add the API key to your employees' Green Bits user profiles.
Before you start, verify your cash management settings
Check to see if your store has one of these cash management settings:
If not, change to one those cash management settings, after your store is closed for the day.
Collect your employees' API keys from Metrc
You must have the correct permissions in Metrc to do this.
- Ask your employee to log in to Metrc using their own Metrc login.
- Select the user profile > API Keys.
- Select Generate.
- Copy the entire API key from the Current API Key field.
- Paste the API Key into a spreadsheet or text file next to your employee's name.
- Repeat for each employee who rings sales or makes adjustments.
Add your employees' API keys to Green Bits
You must have the Update company settings permission in Green Bits to do this.
- Open the file where you saved your employees' API keys.
- In Green Bits Back Office, select the Settings gear.
- Select Users.
- Select the pencil icon next to your employee's name.
- For each of the Locations that your employee has access to, paste the API key.
- Select Save.
- Repeat for all of your employees.
Anything else I should know?
Do I need to change the primary API key on the Traceability page?
|No, do not remove or change the primary API key on the Traceability page in Green Bits.|
Aren't sure if you need to update your API key?
|If your role has these permissions, you need to add your Metrc API key to your user profile. To view your role, look in your user profile.|
What's happens after I add the API keys?
|When reporting to Metrc, Green Bits connects your sales and adjustments:
Will adding Metrc API keys to user profiles change anything else?
|This will not affect your marketing programs, payments, or any other Green Bits integrations.|
What happens if my API key is no longer valid and I don't update it in Green Bits?
Green Bits uses your store's primary API key on the Traceability page to report sales or adjustments you make in Green Bits.