Places are rooms in Green Bits that you can use to organize your inventory items. As inventory items move through your store, they also move through Places in Green Bits. The inventory status for your Green Bits inventory item (SKU) changes automatically based on what Place it is in.
For example, when you receive inventory items in Green Bits, those inventory items are automatically moved to the Back Stock Place and marked as Not For Sale.
There are four Places: Sales Floor, Back Stock, Out of Store, and Quarantine. You cannot change the default Places.
How to enable Places
- In the Green Bits Back Office, go to Settings > Manage Places.
- Select Enable Places.
- Green Bits automatically organizes your existing inventory items like this:
Inventory items (SKUs) with this status Automatically move to For Sale Sales Floor Place Not For Sale Back Stock Place Archived Out of Store Place
You are directed to the Manage Places page, where you'll see a breakdown of your Places:
- Sales Channels: Whether the items are available for sale at the Register and/or on Menu Feeds
- Quantity: How many Products you have in each Place
- Learn about how inventory works in Places
- Move inventory between Places
- View inventory in Places