The first time you enable Places, Green Bits automatically organizes your inventory into Places for you. After that, Green Bits automatically moves your inventory through Places. You can also move inventory from one Place to another yourself.
Why do you do this? Most likely to move something from Back Stock to Sales Floor.
Move inventory between places
- Single-item moves
- Go to Inventory > Products and find the product you want to move.
- Select the Inventory tab.
The Product > Inventory page will be different depending on whether or not you have Places enabled. The status button and Actions drop-down will become Move Inventory and Edit Package drop-downs. The actions in Actions will be split between them.
- For the beta, we’ll have a doc describing this. For GA, we’ll need to incorporate this throughout affected docs.
- Move inventory drop-down - local, SKU quantity specific, actions that you do when you physically move items.
- Adjust quantity
- Split for return or transfer
- Edit Package drop-down - global action for packages.
- View manifest
- Print barcode
- Print package label
Note to Christy - the Packages page is changing. how? does that belong here?