Right after you receive inventory, add details such as test results and harvest dates to each SKU on the Edit Inventory page.
As required by state regulations, Green Bits prints this information on Package labels and uses the test results (or "potency") to enforce transaction limits at the Register.
- Go to the Product Inventory tab
- Find the SKU you need to add details to
- Enter the required information
- What else do I need to know?
Go to the Product Inventory tab
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- Select the Product you want to edit.
- Select the Inventory tab.
Find the SKU you need to add details to
- When you go to the Product Inventory tab, you are viewing all items that have a For Sale inventory status.
You can change the items you are viewing in two ways:
- Select the top dropdown to change what status you are viewing. For example, if you want to view only inventory that is Not For Sale, select it from the top dropdown.
- If you want to view all of your inventory, select the link at the bottom of the tab. For example, if you are viewing the default For Sale status, select the Show Not For Sale and Archived link to view all items.
- Find the SKU. You can scroll and look for it or search for it using the SKU field.
- Select Actions > Edit next to the SKU you want to edit.
Enter the required information
The Edit Inventory page is divided into sections. The required fields in each section vary by state, but here's a general overview of types of information you'll enter here:
In this section you can edit the status, SKU number. For cannabis items, you can also edit the Wholesale Cost in this section.
To edit the SKU number, type or scan a new SKU into the SKU field, or auto-generate a unique 8-digit SKU by selecting Create.
Enter details such as:
- Cultivator/Producer's Name and License Number.
- Production/Batch/Harvest Number.
- Production/Harvest Date.
- Packager Name and License Number.
- If you operate in Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, or Oregon and need label an item that was packaged elsewhere, enter the Packager's name and license number here so it appears in the Packager section of your labels.
- Otherwise, if you're packaging and labeling flower or pre-rolls yourself, Green Bits automatically prints your store name and license number in the Packager section of your labels. You do not need to enter your own information here.
- Packaged Date.
- Expiration Date.
- Production Process Disclosures.
Green Bits uses the information you enter in this section for two important purposes:
- Package labels, which in most states must show THC and CBD potency, in milligrams or as a percentage.
- Transaction limits, which in many states are based on weight, potency, or both.
If you don't enter this information consistently and accurately, your Package labels may not be compliant and the Register may not be able to prevent budtenders from selling over your state's purchase limits.
This section also includes:
- Name/License Number of the lab that performed the testing.
- Test Batch Number.
- Test Date(s).
Extras and Additional Materials
These sections include fields where you can list Pesticides or Ingredients used in the cultivation and production process.
In Oregon, use the Additional Materials section to record the weight per unit of all non-cannabis components of pre-rolls, such as the weight of the rolling paper and filter/crutch. Remember to also enter your OLCC-approved Label ID (if applicable).
Once you've entered all the required information for this SKU, remember to scroll back up to the top of the page and select Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Package labels in some states also require Strain, Weight, and Flower Type. Add these details on the Product Details tab. Learn more about what to do if your Package labels are missing information
- There is another set of Test Results fields on each Product's Details tab, which is used only for menu feed purposes. Learn more about this.