Use the Oregon Quarterly Tax Report to help you file your required quarterly tax return with the Department of Revenue.
- About the Oregon Quarterly Tax Report
- How to run the report
- Why you may have uncategorized items, and what to do about them
About the Oregon Quarterly Tax Report
As required by the state of Oregon, this report shows your total sales by:
- Marijuana Flowers quantities are shown in grams (g).
- All other quantities are shown in units/"each".
- Sales. All amounts reflect net sales, in dollars.
- Medical (Tax Exempt) vs. Recreational (Non Tax Exempt).
- Category, based on each package's assigned category in Metrc.
Typically, you'll run this report at the end of each quarter. However, you can run the report for any time frame.
How to run the report
If you have previously run this report on a monthly basis, run it again for the quarter instead of combining the monthly reports together.
- Go to Reports > Other Reports.
- Scroll to the bottom and find Oregon Quarterly Tax Report.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date of your reporting period.
- Select Run Report.
- When the report is ready, select Download, or download it later from the Tasks page.
- Open the downloaded .csv file in any spreadsheet program.
- Log in to Revenue Online and use the totals from the Oregon Quarterly Tax Report to complete your quarterly tax return.
Why you may have uncategorized items, and what to do about them
If you sold items from packages that you later transferred out of your Metrc inventory, Green Bits can't identify which category they belong to. These items are listed separately at the bottom of the report.
Before you can submit your quarterly tax return to the Department of Revenue, you'll need to manually categorize these items.
You can avoid these extra steps in the future by always splitting packages before transferring.