Ringing up sales for delivery is a different process from ringing up in-store sales. Use this guide to learn how to be compliant when ringing up delivery sales.
Note: This article covers the workflow where you must toggle delivery on to make delivery sales. If you are in Michigan, Nevada, or Oregon and you do not see a toggle, but instead see a Set Delivery Info button, use this workflow. If you previously used the toggle workflow but now have the Set Delivery Info workflow, review this article to understand how your delivery process has changed.
If you haven't done so already, update your permissions to allow for delivery sales.
Ring up a delivery in Greenbits
To remain compliant, complete the following steps in order before any cannabis products leave your store:
- Receive order (over phone, online, etc.)
- Start a new sale at the Register.
- Tap the Delivery toggle so it turns orange. You are now making delivery sales.
- You will continue making delivery sales until you toggle Delivery off.
- Add any relevant products to the order and attach a customer, just as you normally would.
- Important: Print two copies of the receipt.
- Give one copy of the receipt to the customer when you complete the delivery.
- Keep the other copy for your records, you will need it if there is an issue with the delivery.
Remember to toggle Delivery off when you are done ringing delivery sales. Start a new sale to access the Delivery toggle. Tap to turn it off.
Record the delivery in Metrc
Be sure to review your state's approved process for deliveries.
- In Metrc, go to Sales > Deliveries.
- Select Record Deliveries.
- Fill in every field on the Sales Delivery form.
- Your Planned Route should be as detailed as possible.
- If you're making multiple deliveries in one trip, your Planned Route should reflect this.
- Select Record Sales Deliveries.
- Back on the Sales Deliveries screen, select the delivery you're about to make and then select View Manifest.
- Print the delivery manifest.
- Every delivery order that leaves your store must be accompanied by a printed delivery manifest.
- If you're making multiple deliveries in one trip, you need a separate manifest for each delivery.
- Deliver the items and take payment.
- Remember to verify the identity and age of the recipient.
- If the recipient is also a medical patient, remember to verify that their medical ID card is valid and matches the ID number recorded in Metrc.
- Leave the delivery manifest and Greenbits receipt with the recipient.
- If the delivery was successful, find the delivery in Metrc and select Complete.
What to do if a delivery was unsuccessful
Sometimes you can't complete a delivery. Possible reasons include:
- You couldn't verify the recipient's identity, age, or medical ID card.
- You couldn't find the delivery location.
- The recipient didn't answer the door.
- The recipient couldn't pay the full amount.
- The recipient was visibly intoxicated.
If you couldn't complete a delivery for any reason:
- Void the delivery sale in Greenbits.
- In Metrc, find the delivery and select the Complete button.
Do not Void an unsuccessful delivery in Metrc. Only Void a delivery sale in Metrc if it was entered by mistake.
- For any items that were not successfully delivered, check the box for Reject Package.
- Select a Return Reason.
- Enter a detailed Note.
- Select Complete Sales Delivery.
What to do if you make a mistake
- Void the delivery sale in Greenbits.
- Void the corresponding delivery in Metrc.
- Begin the sale again.
Accept returns on delivery items
Consult your state's regulatory agency before accepting returns on delivery items. As with in-store sales, some cannabis products can't be returned or resold once they leave your store.
Alternatively, consider making it your official store policy that all sales are final. Make sure your customers understand your return policy by adding it to your receipt.
If you do accept returns on delivery items:
- Return the item(s) in Greenbits.
- Process the return or update the original sale in Metrc according to your state's guidelines.