Delivery sales requires Greenbits Register version 1.97 or later. Learn how to update your Register.
Delivery sales is a beta feature available only to stores in Michigan, Nevada, and Oregon. Ringing up sales for delivery is a different process from ringing up in-store sales. Use this guide to learn how to ring up delivery sales compliantly.
What you need to know before you consider delivery sales
- Greenbits does not distinguish between delivery sales and in-store sales in Back Office reports. You can view which sales were marked as delivery by viewing the Activity page.
- Designate dedicated people at your store to delivery sales. We recommend restricting access to delivery sales to these roles:
- Store owners/admins
- General managers
- Shift supervisors
- Designate a dedicated Register to delivery sales. The Delivery toggle on your Register stays ON until you toggle it off, Force Quit the Register app, or restart the iPad.
- If the delivery is unsuccessful, you make an entry error, or you need to accept a return of a delivery item, you will need the receipt to identify the delivery sale.
Update your permissions
Before you can ring up delivery sales, you need to enable the Create deliveries permission for the role(s) that will be responsible for delivery sales.
To update permissions:
- First, make sure you have Manage Roles permissions. If not, ask a user who has these permissions to do the following steps.
- Go to Settings > Roles.
- Select a Role.
- In the Make Sales section, select Advanced to expand the list of permissions.
- Check the box for Create deliveries.
- Select Save.
Repeat steps 2-6 for any other Roles as needed.
Ring up a delivery in Greenbits
To remain compliant, complete the following steps in order before any cannabis products leave your store:
- Start a new sale at the Register.
- Tap the Delivery toggle so it turns green. You are now making delivery sales.
- You will continue making delivery sales until you toggle Delivery off.
- Complete the sale according to the normal process.
- Important: Print two copies of the receipt.
- Give one copy of the receipt to the customer when you complete the delivery.
- Keep the other copy for your records. You will need it, if there is an issue with
Remember to toggle Delivery off when you are done ringing delivery sales. Start new a sale to access the Delivery toggle. Tap to turn it off.
Record the delivery in Metrc
Be sure to review your state's approved process for deliveries:
- In Michigan, see the Metrc Support Bulletin on Patient Sales Delivery.
- In Nevada, contact the Department Of Taxation's Marijuana Enforcement Division.
- In Oregon, see the OLCC Retail Home Delivery Metrc Guide.
- In Metrc, go to Sales > Deliveries.
- Select Record Deliveries.
- Fill in every field on the Sales Delivery form.
- Your Planned Route should be as detailed as possible.
- If you're making multiple deliveries in one trip, your Planned Route should reflect this.
- Select Record Sales Deliveries.
- Back on the Sales Deliveries screen, select the delivery you're about to make and then select View Manifest.
- Print the delivery manifest.
- Every delivery order that leaves your store must be accompanied by a printed delivery manifest.
- If you're making multiple deliveries in one trip, you need a separate manifest for each delivery.
- Deliver the items and take payment.
- Remember to verify the identity and age of the recipient.
- If the recipient is also a medical patient, remember to verify that their medical ID card is valid and matches the ID number recorded in Metrc.
- Leave the delivery manifest and Greenbits receipt with the recipient.
- If the delivery was successful, find the delivery in Metrc and select Complete.
What to do if a delivery was unsuccessful
Sometimes you can't successfully complete a delivery. Possible reasons include:
- You couldn't verify the recipient's identity, age, or medical ID card.
- You couldn't find the delivery location.
- The recipient didn't answer the door.
- The recipient couldn't pay the full amount.
- The recipient was visibly intoxicated.
If you couldn't successfully complete a delivery for any reason:
- Void the delivery sale in Greenbits.
- In Metrc, find the delivery and select the Complete button.
Do not Void an unsuccessful delivery in Metrc. Only Void a delivery sale in Metrc if it was entered by mistake.
- For any items that were not successfully delivered, check the box for Reject Package.
- Select a Return Reason.
- Enter a detailed Note.
- Select Complete Sales Delivery.
What to do if you make a mistake
Accept returns on delivery items
Consult your state's regulatory agency before accepting returns on delivery items. As with in-store sales, some cannabis products can't be returned or resold once they leave your store.
Alternatively, consider making it your official store policy that all sales are final. Make sure your customers understand your return policy by adding it to your receipt.
If you do accept returns on delivery items:
- Return the item(s) in Greenbits.
- Process the return or update the original sale in Metrc according to your state's guidelines.