Splitting a Lot (also commonly known as "sub-lotting") is a required step before you transfer any inventory to another location. Learn more about when and why you should split Lots.
- Go to Inventory > Lots.
- Search for the Lot you'll be splitting, then select Actions > Split for Return or Transfer.
- If the Lot has more than one SKU with available quantity, select the Source SKU that you want to pull from.
- Enter the Quantity you want to split onto the new Lot, and select OK.
- Confirm the accuracy of your entries, then select Looks Good.
At this point, Greenbits takes over to complete the rest of the process for you:
- Greenbits reports the split to Leaf Data Systems.
- Leaf Data Systems assigns a new, unique Lot number/Global ID to the split inventory.
- Greenbits automatically accepts the new Lot and assigns it to the same Product as your original Lot.
- Greenbits emails you a notification that the split is complete.
- If you split the entire remaining quantity of the original Lot, immediately change the status the associated SKU(s) to Not For Sale. If you have Prevent Sales When Quantity Reaches 0 enabled, this happens automatically.
- If you plan to return any other items to the same vendor, repeat the above steps.
- Create a return manifest.