An MMCC rule change requires you to use a new Vape Cart category in Metrc for any product that uses a vaporizer as part of its delivery system.
Effective December 1, 2019, if you still have vape cartridge inventory categorized as Concentrate, you need to repackage it under the new Vape Cart category before you can sell it.
Follow these steps to keep your Metrc inventory compliant and in sync with Greenbits.
- Create a list of your affected inventory
- Create new items in Metrc
- Discontinue old items in Metrc
- Sell through your affected inventory
- Archive all remaining affected inventory in Greenbits
- Repackage in Metrc
- Receive repackaged inventory in Greenbits
- Request a sync
- Close the original Packages in Greenbits
Create a list of your affected inventory
The first step is to identify all vape cartridges on hand that you need to repackage.
- In Metrc, run a Packages Inventory Report for the category Concentrate (Each).
- This report is based on the date that each Package was received.
- Set the date range from the first day your license was active to today's date to make sure you capture all affected Package IDs.
- Sort or filter the report so it shows only Package IDs with a quantity on hand greater than zero. You don't need to repackage inventory that you've already sold.
- Identify which Package IDs represent vape cartridges.
Create a list of all current vape cartridge inventory that is categorized as Concentrate in Metrc. This is your "affected inventory". Save this list. You will need to refer to it later in this process.
Create new items in Metrc
- In Metrc, go to Admin > Items.
- Create a new item for each vape cartridge product that you sell in your store. Be sure to set the category as Vape Cart.
You will assign any repackaged vape cartridges, as well as all future vape cartridge inventory, to one of these new items.
Discontinue old items in Metrc
- In Metrc, go to Admin > Items.
- Discontinue each vape cartridge item that is assigned to the Concentrate category by selecting the X button on the right.
Archive all remaining affected inventory in Greenbits
Remove any remaining affected inventory from your sales floor. In Greenbits, change the status of any unsold affected inventory to Archived. This prevents reporting errors that could result from another employee selling or adjusting affected inventory during the next steps in this process.
Repackage in Metrc
This will cause temporary discrepancies between Greenbits and Metrc. Don't make adjustments in Greenbits to correct these discrepancies. Greenbits Support will correct these discrepancies later.
- In Metrc, select one of the Packages from your list that still has unsold inventory.
- Select New Packages.
- Fill out the New Package form, and be sure to assign the new Package to one of the new Vape Cart items you created earlier.
- Attach the new Metrc RFID tag to the container.
Don't finish the old Packages in Metrc. You will close these Packages in Greenbits at the end of this process.
Repeat these steps for every Package on your list.
Receive repackaged inventory in Greenbits
The new Packages you created in the previous steps appear in Incoming Inventory in Greenbits.
Request a sync
Contact Greenbits Support to request a Package-level sync. You will need to provide the list of the original Package IDs that you repackaged.
Greenbits will update the quantity of each original Package to 0 units. This resolves the discrepancies created during the repackaging process. Learn more about Metrc syncs.
Close the original Packages in Greenbits
The final step in this process is to close each of your original Packages in Greenbits. This also finishes the Packages in Metrc.