This article addresses common questions about running the Oregon Quarterly Tax Report:
- How do I categorize a certain item in Metrc?
- Why doesn't my Oregon Quarterly Tax Report match my Monthly Tax Report?
- Why does a category show a dollar amount sold but 0 quantity?
- How can I see what Packages have mismatched categories between Metrc and Green Bits?
How do I categorize a certain item in Metrc?
Refer to OLCC's Product Categorization Guide or ask your inspector if you have questions about how to categorize a certain item in Metrc. Then, refer to this table for the corresponding tax category and the appropriate Transaction Limit Type to use in Green Bits.
|If the Metrc item category is:||The tax category is:||And the Green Bits Transaction Limit Type should be:|
|Edible||Cannabinoid Edible||Solid Edible or Liquid Edible|
|Tincture||Cannabinoid Edible||Liquid Edible|
|Topical or Transdermal Patch||Cannabinoid Product for Skin or Hair||Topical|
|Immature Plant or Seed||Immature Marijuana Plant||Seeds|
|Non-infused Pre-roll, Shake, or Trim||Marijuana Leaves||Shake/Trim|
|Infused Pre-roll||Other Cannabinoid Product||The type that corresponds to the infused pre-roll's most potent component.|
|Capsule, Combined Category, or Suppository||Other Cannabinoid Product||None|
Why doesn't my Oregon Quarterly Tax Report match my Monthly Tax Report?
These reports sometimes don't match because they're based on different data sources:
- The Oregon Quarterly Tax Report is based on Metrc item categories.
- The Monthly Tax Report is based on Green Bits Product Type and Tax settings.
Oregon stores should disregard the Monthly Tax Report. This report isn't detailed enough to meet Oregon's tax reporting requirements. It's also not a reliable way to check the accuracy of your Oregon Quarterly Tax Report.
Instead, use this checklist to make sure your Oregon Quarterly Tax Report is accurate:
- Create or edit Product Types in Green Bits so they exactly match Metrc's item categories.
- Assign all Products in Green Bits to the correct Product Types.
- Make sure all items in Metrc are assigned to the correct categories. Use the Information tab in the report to verify this.
- Make sure all Product Types in Green Bits have the correct Is Marijuana and Transaction Limit Type settings. In particular, see FAQ: Hemp products in Oregon.
Why does a category show a dollar amount sold but 0 quantity?
There are two reasons this could happen:
- You have at least one unit-based Product that doesn't have an entry in the Weight field on the Product Details tab. Learn how to fix this.
- An item's unit of measure is weight-based (grams, ounces, or pounds) but is assigned to a category for which the Department of Revenue requires you to report the quantity sold in units/each. Learn how to fix this.
How can I see what Packages have mismatched categories between Metrc and Green Bits?
- Run the Oregon Quarterly Tax Report.
- Select the Information tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
This shows all Packages that you sold from during your specified date range, including each Package's Metrc category and Green Bits Product Type.