- I created a Loyalty Reward in Back Office. Why doesn't it appear on the Register?
- I selected a Loyalty Reward on the Register. Why isn't the discount reflected?
- If my Loyalty Program is based on points per dollar, is tax included in the calculation?
- If my Loyalty Program is based on points per dollar, are cents included in the calculation?
- Do Loyalty Points expire?
- Is there a limit to the number of Loyalty Points a customer can earn?
- How to returns and voids affect points?
- How do I enroll customers in my Loyalty Program?
- Can customers participate in my Loyalty Program if they don't want to share their personal information?
I created a Loyalty Reward in Back Office. Why doesn't it appear on the Register?
If you recently created a new Loyalty Reward, you may need to refresh the Register by force-quitting and then reopening the Register app.
Otherwise, check how many points are required for the Loyalty Reward. If a customer doesn't have enough points to earn the reward, the Register won't show it.
I selected a Loyalty Reward on the Register. Why isn't the discount reflected?
Check the conditions you set for the Loyalty Reward and make sure the transaction matches all of the conditions.
For example, you can create Loyalty Rewards that are only available to recreational Customers, or only available to Patients. You can also restrict rewards to certain Products, weights/quantities, prices, dates or times of day, etc.
If my Loyalty Program is based on points per dollar, is tax included in the calculation?
Yes. Customers earn points for every whole dollar they spend, including all taxes. This is true for both Inclusive and Exclusive taxes.
If my Loyalty Program is based on points per dollar, are cents included in the calculation?
No. Customers only earn points for whole dollars. Cents are always rounded down. For example, if you award 1 point per dollar, a $9.99 purchase earns 9 points.
Do Loyalty Points expire?
No. But you can manually adjust customers' point totals in Back Office.
Is there a limit to the number of Loyalty Points a customer can earn?
No. Customers will continue to earn points for as long as you offer a Loyalty Program.
How do returns and voids affect points?
If a customer returns an item from which they earned points, Greenbits subtracts points from their total after you process the return.
For example, if a customer earns 50 points from a $50.00 order, then later returns a $20.00 item from that order:
- With points per dollar, Greenbits subtracts 20 points (the point value of the returned item).
- With points per order, Greenbits subtracts 50 points (the point value of the order).
Greenbits subtracts points the same way when you void a sale.
How do I enroll customers in my Loyalty Program?
All Customers and Patients automatically earn points from their purchases. You don't need to enroll them individually. All you need to do is set up a Loyalty Program and assign Customers and Patients at the Register.
You can still ring up recreational sales without assigning a Customer, but that Customer will not earn points.
Can customers participate in my Loyalty Program anonymously?
Yes. If a customer wants to earn points, but doesn't want you to record certain personal information:
- You can create a Customer profile with only a first name, a phone number, a randomly assigned "customer number", or any other information that isn't personally identifiable.
- You can create a Patient profile with only a Patient ID number.