This is for stores in states that use Metrc. If you have the State Reporting Failures Email Setting turned on, Green Bits sends you Traceability Notification emails about reporting issues and how to solve them.
If you have Sales made on Packages that were already transferred out reporting failures, you can fix them by reassigning the sales to a different Package.
Action you need to take
- Contact your state cannabis agency, and explain that you sold from a Package that you already transferred out in Metrc.
- If your state cannabis agency requests it, open a ticket with Metrc.
- Once you hear back from them, go to the Green Bits Traceability Notifications page and follow the instructions there.
Reassign Packages on the Traceability Notifications page
From the Traceability Notifications page in the Back Office, you can reassign the sales that did not report to an existing Package ID that has the same unit of measure and vendor.
- Based on guidance from your state cannabis agency, enter the Package ID that you want to reassign these sales to, under New Package ID.
- Select Save.
- Repeat for all line items on this page.
Why did this happen?
Your store made sales on a Package that was already transferred out of your Metrc account.
How can I keep this from happening again?
Follow these steps before you transfer to avoid reporting failures:
- In Green Bits, split the quantity you are transferring to a new Package.
- In Green Bits, mark the Package as Not For Sale. Once you do that, the Package will not show up at the Register, so no one at your store will be able to sell from it.
- Check that the quantity in Metrc matches the quantity in Green Bits.