When you create a Product Type, one of the settings asks if it is marijuana or not. Another way to think of this setting is "are these products tracked in your state traceability system" and "do these products need a transaction limit?"
If your state has a traceability system
- Select Yes if the items are tracked in your traceability system.
- Select No if they are not tracked.
If your state does not have a traceability system
- Select Yes if these items should have a transaction limit applied to them.
- Select No if these items don't have a transaction limit.
- Set Is Marijuana to No for products like paraphernalia, hats, and gift cards.
- Set Is Marijuana to Yes for cannabis items and for hemp, if your state tracks it.