If you use an ecommerce program for order fulfillment, use this workflow instead.
Some states allow you to take phone orders and have customers pick them up from your curbside. If your state allows this, you can ring sales for curbside pick-up using Orders on Hold.
Important: Curbside pick-up is different from delivery. Most states require you and your products to stay near your store. For example, in Oregon, you must stay within 150 feet of your store and your cameras must cover that area. Check with your state cannabis agency to find out if curbside pick-up is allowed in your state.
Before you begin
- Set up strong inventory pick-up best practices for your staff.
- Print order forms and keep them next to your store phone.
Take customer orders by phone
You'll use the same workflow for curbside pick-up that you do for fulfilling orders by phone or online.
Finish sales when customers arrive for pick-up
- When you see the customer arrive, take the order form to the curbside. Check their ID to make sure they are over 21, as well as to verify that their name and date of birth matches the order form.
- Take their payment.
- Back in the store, select the cart icon to view Orders on Hold.
- Select the customer's order.
- Select Charge to ring them out.
- Take any change, their order, and the receipt out to the curbside.
- Because it includes sensitive customer information, destroy the order form.