If you use an ecommerce program for order fulfillment, use this workflow instead.
Some states allow you to take phone orders and have customers pick them up from your curbside. If your state allows this, you can ring sales for curbside pick-up using Green Bits.
Important: Curbside pick-up is different from delivery. Most states require you and your products to stay near your store. For example, in Oregon, you must stay within 150 feet of your store and your cameras must cover that area. Check with your state cannabis agency to find out if curbside pick-up is allowed in your state.
Take customer orders by phone
- When a customer calls to place an order, fill out an order form.
- While the customer is still on the phone, gather the items they want.
- If you are out of an item, the customer can choose something else without having to call them back.
- Estimate the cost of the order, tell the customer the estimate, and write it on the order form.
- Place their order with the order form in the designated pick-up area in your store.
Ring sales when customers arrive for pick-up
- When you see the customer arrive, take the order form to the curbside. Check their ID to make sure they are over 21, as well as to verify that their name and date of birth matches the order form.
- Take their payment.
- Back in the store, ring the sale for the order at the Register.
- If your store uses check-in, you can check them in at this time, too.
- Take any change, their order, and the receipt out to the curbside.
- Because it includes sensitive customer information, destroy the order form.