This is for stores in states that use Metrc. If you have the State Reporting Failures Email Setting turned on, Green Bits sends you Traceability Notification emails about reporting issues and how to solve them.
If you have Failed split or merge reporting failures, you can fix them by entering a valid Package ID on the Traceability Notifications page.
Action you need to take
- If this is the first time you are investigating failed splits and merges, pull an Audit Log for the Source Packages listed on the Traceability Notifications page. If any of the splits or merges are from 2019 or earlier, contact Support and don't take further action until you talk to them
- Talk to your co-workers to make sure no one recreated the split or merge in Metrc. If you or someone at your store did, contact Support and don't take further action until you talk to them.
Enter a new Package ID
- If you investigated and you don't need to talk to Support, the next step is to get a valid Package ID. In Metrc, go to Admin > Tags > Open > Available and copy the first available Package ID.
- In Greenbits, go to the Traceability Notifications page.
- In the Failed Splits and Merges section, under New Package ID, paste the Package ID you copied.
- Select Save.
Why did this happen?
The Package ID you entered when you made a split or merge was not valid. This typically happens when you enter a typo in the Package ID or when you enter a Package ID that is not on your Metrc account.
- To keep this from happening in the future, always copy Package IDs from your Metrc account and paste them into Greenbits.
- Remember to always split and merge in Greenbits and never split or merge in Metrc.