You can take orders from your customers on the phone or online and use Orders on Hold on Register v2 to save the order until your customer can pick it up.
Important: Items in Orders on Hold are available for sale in your Greenbits inventory until you complete the sale. This means they still appear as available on menu feeds and online menus and they are available for sale at the Register. Because of this, it is important that you set up strong inventory best practices for your staff.
Your Registers must be on v2 to use Orders on Hold.
Before you begin
- Update your Register to v2.
- If you are taking phone orders, print order forms and keep them next to your store phone.
Place an Order on Hold
- When a customer calls or emails to place an order, fill out an order form.
- Use the order form to gather the items the customer wants.
- At the Register, assign a customer or patient to the sale.
- If your customer does not want their personal info saved, you can skip this step. The order will be saved under Anonymous.
- Scan each item at the Register, and apply any discounts.
- Select Hold Order.
- This saves the order, so you can continue ringing out other customers until this order is picked up.
- Note: Greenbits checks transaction limits when you place an Order on Hold. If this transaction exceeds transaction limits, you will receive a warning. You can choose to Ignore and Continue with the transaction or Cancel the Order on Hold.
- Place their items with the order form in the designated pick-up area in your store.
Finish sale when customers arrive for pick-up
When the customer arrives at your store to pick-up their order, open their Order on Hold and finish the sale.
- Select the cart icon to view Orders on Hold.
- Select the customer's order.
- If your customer no longer wants an item, swipe left on the item to remove it from the order.
- Redeem Loyalty Program Rewards, if applicable.
- Select Charge to ring them out.
- Accept their payment to finish the sale.
- Because it includes sensitive customer information, destroy the order form.
Customer didn't pick up their order?
If a customer hasn't picked up their order by the end of the day, delete their Order on Hold by selecting the cart icon and swiping left on the order. Return their items to the sales floor.