If the customer needs to leave the line, you can use Pending Orders to save a sale in progress. For example, if you start to ring out a customer and they need to get cash from an ATM, you can place the order on hold, help other customers, and pick up where you left off when the customer is ready. This is also useful when a customer wants shop more during a sale.
Use the same workflow for pausing an order as you would for fulfilling online or phone orders.
- Scan the customer's items, add discounts, and apply Loyalty Rewards.
- When the customer needs to step out of line, select Hold Order.
- Note: Greenbits checks transaction limits when you place an order on hold. If this transaction exceeds transaction limits, you will receive a warning. You can choose to Ignore and Continue with the transaction or Cancel the Pending Order.
- Place the customer's items aside, so they aren't sold.
- Items in Pending Orders are still available for sale in your Greenbits inventory, so make sure to put them in a designated area to avoid selling them until your customer returns.
- When the customer returns to the Register, select the shopping cart icon on the Payments screen, or the Pending Orders button in the Greenbits register panel, to view Pending Orders.
- Select the Pending Order to convert it to an active order.
- Select Charge and accept payment to finish the sale.