You can use Orders on Hold to save a sale in process, if the customer needs to leave the line. For example, if you start to ring out a customer and they need to get cash from an ATM, you can place the Order on Hold, help other customers, and pick up where you left off when the customer is ready. This is also useful when a customer wants to do more shopping in the middle of a sale.
Your Registers must be on v2 to use Orders on Hold.
You'll use the same workflow for pausing an order as you would for fulfilling online or phone orders.
- Scan the customer's items, add discounts, and apply Loyalty Rewards.
- When the customer needs to step out of line, select Hold Order.
- Note: Greenbits checks transaction limits when you place an Order on Hold. If this transaction exceeds transaction limits, you will receive a warning. You can choose to Ignore and Continue with the transaction or Cancel the Order on Hold.
- Place the customer's items aside, so they aren't sold.
- Items in Orders on Hold are still available for sale in your Greenbits inventory, so make sure to put them in a designated area to avoid selling them until your customer returns.
- When the customer returns to the Register, select the cart icon to view Orders on Hold.
- Select the order.
- Select Charge and accept payment to finish the sale.