What you need to know before you consider delivery sales
- MI, MD, OR, NV: Delivery sales cannot be assigned to Employees. Selecting an employee on the register for a delivery sale will cause an error and your manifest will not be created in Metrc.
- Greenbits does not distinguish between delivery sales and in-store sales in Back Office reports. You can view which sales were marked as delivery by viewing the Activity page.
- You should restrict delivery sales to particular employees. We recommend restricting access to delivery sales to these roles:
- Store owners/administrators
- General managers
- Shift supervisors
- Designate a Register for delivery sales.
- If the delivery is unsuccessful, you make an entry error, or you need to accept a return of a delivery item, you will need the receipt to identify the delivery sale.
Update your permissions
To ring up delivery sales, you need to enable the Create deliveries permission for the role(s) that will be responsible for delivery sales.
To update permissions, you must have Manage Roles permissions. If not, ask a user who has these permissions to do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Roles.
- Select a Role.
- In the Make Sales section, select Advanced to expand the list of permissions.
- Check the box for Create deliveries.
- Select Save.
Repeat for other Roles as needed.