Sometimes your Packages can become out of sync between Greenbits and Metrc. This could be a quantity discrepancy or a status discrepancy. One situation where Packages may become out of sync is when you split a Package to make pre-rolls. With Package Reconciliation, you can self-service a sync between Greenbits and Metrc!
Note: You cannot make negative adjustments using Package Reconciliation; quantities can’t be adjusted/reconciled below 0 in Metrc. Additionally, if you have negative quantities that match in Metrc and Greenbits, you cannot use Package Reconciliation to adjust out of the negative into zero. See the Help Center for more information about preventing negative inventory.
If you think have discovered a discrepancy that you need to reconcile, you should:
- Investigate why that discrepancy exists.
- Go to Back Office > Inventory > Packages > Actions > Reconcile with Metrc.
- You cannot reconcile packages that have Reporting Failures.
- Greenbits will connect with Metrc to search for the discrepancy. If your package details are in sync, no action is needed.
- If they are not in sync, you will be presented with a choice: is Metrc accurate, or is Greenbits accurate? Choose the system which you know to be accurate.
- You will be redirected to a modal which explains what action Greenbits is going to take. If you wish to proceed, select Reconcile.
- Reconciliation will begin. Select Continue to exit the modal.
- When the Reconciliation is complete, you will receive a success message on the Packages page.
- A record of this reconciliation will exist on the Tasks page.
Reconciliation of Packages with Conversions
If you are reconciling a package that has conversions, the process for reconciliation with Metrc will be slightly different.
- If you choose Metrc is correct, you will be prompted to redistribute the quantity across barcodes (SKUs). The error message lets you know what quantity is expected. Once you have adjusted to the expected quantity, the error message will disappear and you can select Continue.
You can then verify the adjustment and Reconcile. The amount from Metrc is brought into Greenbits and each barcode (SKU) is updated. There are no changes to Metrc.
- If you choose Greenbits is correct, you do not have to distribute inventory. You will verify the adjustment and Reconcile.
Syncing with Places enabled
When you perform a sync with Metrc is accurate and where the quantity in Metrc is lesser than the quantity in Greenbits, then inventory will be adjusted from Places in a specific way. Inventory will be subtracted first from Back Stock, then Sales Floor, then Quarantine, and lastly from Archived. If there isn't enough quantity left across all places (except the Delivery place), then we deplete all places and leave the remainder as a negative in the Archived place.
Syncing and adjusting with Places example: