If you experience issues with your Wifi signal, and you are currently using a McPrint3 setup, you can provide an internet connection to your tablet plugged into the printer with a USB-Lightning (Apple devices) or USB-C (Android and Windows devices) cable.
Note: You should only connect an Ethernet cable if using SteadyLAN. SteadyLAN should only be used if your Wi-Fi signal is inconsistent or poor. If you have a good Wi-Fi signal, use the recommended set-up. When not using SteadyLAN, the printer should not have the Ethernet cable plugged in.
Limitations: The SteadyLAN function wired LAN connection via USB-A (2.4A) provides stable communication, however the communication speed is approximately 1 Mbps and may be slower than the wireless LAN.
Connect an Ethernet cable
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the printer.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an available port on the TrendNet network switch included with your Greenbits hardware kit, or connect directly to your router.
Set up SteadyLAN (static IP address)
- On the home screen of your iPad, select App Store.
- Search for and download the mC-Print Utility app.
- Open the mC-Print Utility app and tap Selected Printer.
- Select MCP31L. The app automatically goes back to the previous screen.
- Select Printer Settings.
- Scroll down and select Firmware Update. The printer must be using the latest firmware.
- If you see a Printer is up to date message, tap OK and then Back. Otherwise, select Update.
- Updating the firmware, adds SteadyLAN as an option.
- The update may take several minutes. Do not close the app or disconnect the printer from the iPad during the update process.
- The printer automatically restarts when the update is complete.
- Select Back to return to the Printer Settings menu. Select Network Settings.
- Tap the Automatically get IP address (DHCP) toggle to turn it off. Tap the Detail Settings toggle to turn it on.
- Tap the SteadyLAN toggle to turn it on.
- Tap Apply, then Yes to confirm. The printer automatically restarts. Wait until you see a Success message before proceeding to the next step.
- Press the home button, then select Settings.
- Confirm that Ethernet appears on the left-side menu.
- Select Wi-Fi. Tap the toggle to turn Wi-Fi off. Wi-Fi must be off for SteadyLAN setup.
Using the integrated scale and printer at the same time
When using the printer at the same time as the integrated scale while using SteadyLAN setup, ensure that:
- The mC-Print3 is connected to the network via ethernet cable.
- The integrated scale is connected to your network via ethernet cable.
- And validate that the iPad and the integrated scale are on the same network.