In addition to using Places to monitor the exact location of your inventory and maintaining the accuracy of the your inventory's status, you can use Places to fine tune inventory adjustments in specific location.
Important: This process should not be used to move inventory, only to adjust inaccurate inventory. Use this process to manually move inventory.
To adjust inventory in a particular Place, you must:
- Go to Products and select the Product that you need to adjust.
- Select the Inventory tab and then the actions button to reveal a drop-down menu:
- Select Adjust Quantity.
- From here, you can add or subtract the appropriate amount.
- For example, imagine that you have just completed an audit and realized that you actually have 26g on the Sales Floor, not 27g as is listed on the Inventory tab.
- You should enter 98 into the Total Quantity in All Places and select Sales Floor as the Place to Apply the Difference.
- Note that you cannot adjust above what is available in the Sales Floor, Back Stock, and Quarantine, you can only reduce inventory. So in the above instance, you could not adjust the Total Quantity in All Places to 100.
- Enter an Adjustment Reason and Note.
- Select OK to save.