Places is an early access feature. If you would like access to this feature, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to using Places to monitor the exact location of your inventory and maintaining the accuracy of the your inventory's status, you can use Places to finetune adjustments to add or subtract inventory from a specific location.
Important: This process should not be used to move inventory, only to adjust inaccurate inventory. Use this process to manually move inventory.
To adjust inventory in a particular Place, you must:
- Go to Products and select the Product that you need to adjust.
- Select the Inventory tab and then the actions button to reveal a drop-down menu:
- Select Adjust Quantity.
- From here, you can add or subtract the appropriate amount.
- For example, imagine that you have just completed an audit and realized that you actually have 29g on the Sales Floor, not 27g as is listed on the Inventory tab.
- You should enter 101 into the Total Quantity in All Places and select Sales Floor as the Place to Apply the Difference.
- Enter an Adjustment Reason and Note.
- Select OK to save.