Recommended Barcode Scanner: Zebra USB Scanner Setup
Connect a Zebra DS2208 USB scanner to a Star mC-Print3 receipt printer so you can scan products and customer IDs at the Register.
- Set up your Star mC-Print3 receipt printer.
- Remove the rear cover of the receipt printer by inserting your fingernails or a flat object into the clearances as shown below. Pull out each side one by one.
- Connect the scanner to one of the 0.5A USB ports on the back of the printer.
- Arrange the connected cables into any of the three openings along the bottom of the printer, then snap the rear cover back into place.
- In the Register app, tap the menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Select Barcode Scanner.
- In the Barcode Scanner Setup menu, you should see a check mark next to Barcode scanner detected.
- If not, force quit the Register app and try again.
- Scan the sample barcode to test and confirm the connection. A check mark appears next to Barcode scanned after a successful test scan.