Receive inventory in fluid ounces
Occasionally, you may need to receive inventory in terms of total volume (fluid ounces) instead of total weight or a quantity of pre-packaged units.
If a vendor transfers inventory to you in fluid ounces:
- Create a new Product and select fluid ounces (fl oz) as the Unit Of Measure.
- Assign the fluid ounces inventory to this new Product and complete the receive inventory workflow.
- Create a second new Product, this time selecting units as the Unit Of Measure.
- In the Weight field, select fluid ounces (fl oz) from the drop-down menu, and enter the number of fluid ounces in each unit/container.
- Complete the convert inventory to units workflow.
- Mark the original Product and barcode (SKU) as Not For Sale.