Pending Orders: Fulfill Orders for Pick-up
You can take orders from your customers on the phone or online and use Pending Orders to save the order until your customer can pick it up.
Important: Items in Pending Orders are available for sale in your Greenbits inventory until you complete the sale. This means they still appear as available on menu feeds and online menus and they are available for sale at the Register. Because of this, it is important that you set up strong inventory best practices for your staff.
Before you begin
If you are taking phone orders, print order forms and keep them next to your store phone.
Place a Pending Order
- When a customer calls or emails to place an order, fill out an order form.
- Use the order form to gather the items the customer wants.
- At the Register, assign a customer or patient to the sale.
- If your customer does not want their personal info saved, you can skip this step. The order will be saved under Anonymous.
- Scan each item at the Register, and apply any discounts.
- Select Hold Order.
- This saves the order, so you can continue ringing out other customers until this order is picked up.
- Note: Greenbits checks transaction limits when you place a Pending Order. If this transaction exceeds transaction limits, you will receive a warning. You can choose to Ignore and Continue with the transaction or Cancel the Pending Order.
- Place their items with the order form in the designated pick-up area in your store.
For label and receipt printing or distribution options, see View Pending Orders.
Finish sale when customers arrive for pick-up
When the customer arrives to pick up their order, open their Pending Order and finish the sale.
- Select the Pending Orders button in the Greenbits register panel to view Pending Orders.
- Select the customer's Pending Order to convert it to an active order. This opens the order creation view, where you can edit the order.
- Select Charge to ring them out.
- Accept their payment to finish the sale.
- Because it includes sensitive customer information, destroy the order form.
Customer didn't pick up their order?
If a customer hasn't picked up their order by the end of the day, cancel their Pending Order by selecting the three dots next to the Pending Order, then selecting Cancel Order. Provide a reason for the cancellation, then return their items to the sales floor.