Investigate Cash Discrepancies
Frequent or large discrepancies could be sign of employee theft, or that your staff needs more training.
A few tips when investigating your discrepancies:
- Count cash more than once and make sure you get the same total each time. Make sure someone else counts the cash for a different pair of eyes.
- Dig Deep - Use the Shift Report to see who processed each transaction, especially if you use Shared Tills + Cashier Tracking.
- Use Insights such as Discounts by Employee to find potential red flags.
- If possible, reference security camera footage.
- Use the Shift Report and search by Employee Name. Investigate each Shift Report to see if there is a pattern of discrepancies.
- If necessary, edit shifts to correct mistakes.